UW-CTRI staff will present nine times at the 2019 National Conference on Tobacco or Health in Minneapolis August 27-29 via four presentations and five research posters. Here is the lineup:
- Rob Adsit, Anne DiGuilio (American Lung Association). Application of Quality Measures to Improve Access to Cessation: A Population to Point-of-Care Perspective. Wednesday, August 28. B34. MCC Room 200 D, Level 2. 1:45 to 3 p.m.
- Brenna VanFrank (Office on Smoking and Health), Kaitlin Graff (CDC), Rob Adsit, Gillian Schauer (University of Washington-Seattle), Danielle McCarthy, Stephen Babb (Office on Smoking and Health) Lauren Owens (CDC), Anna Schecter (Office on Smoking and Health), Hilary Wall (CDC). Building Capacity & Increasing Access to Tobacco Cessation Services for Patients with Co-Morbidities. Wednesday, August 28. B51. MCC Room 200 D, Level 2. 3:30-4:45 p.m.
- Heather D’Angelo (UW Carbone Cancer Center), Rob Adsit and Michael Fiore. Leveraging Technology to Facilitate Cessation Interventions. Thursday, August 29. B74. MCC Room 200 E, Level 2. 9:00 to 10:15 a.m.
- Krissy Alaniz, Carolyn Runge, Katelyn Rupp, Bruce Christiansen. Addressing Cessation in Maternal/Child Health. Tuesday, August 27. B18. MCC Room 200 D, Level 2. 3:30-4:45 p.m.
- Rob Adsit, Allison Gorrilla, Amy Skora, Michael Fiore. EHR-based Referral (eReferral) to a Tobacco Quitline: Health System Implementation Strategies. Tuesday, August 27. Poster Session 1, Poster 1. 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- Kristine Alaniz (WWHF), Bruce Christiansen, Emily Sullivan (Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation), Lisette Khalil (WWHF), Michael Fiore. Eighteen Years of Helping Low Income Pregnant Women Quit Smoking. Wednesday, August 28. Poster Session 2, Poster 195. 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- Bruce Christiansen, Donna Riemer (Department of Health Services), Karen Doster (DHS). “Bucket Approach”: Tobacco Dependence Interventions Based on Evidence-Based Practice and Tailored to Those with Significant Mental Illness. Tuesday, August 27. Poster Session 1, Poster 34. 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- Paul Keller (ClearWay Minnesota), Raymond Boyle (University of California), Becky Lien (Professional Data Analysts), Bruce Christiansen, Kate Kobinsky. Engaging Tobacco Users In Population-Based Cessation Services: Findings From an Observational Study. Tuesday, August 27. Poster Session 1, Poster 90. 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- David Macmaster (WiNTiP), Jim Wrich (advocate). The Case for Integrating Tobacco Use Disorder Treatment in Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders. Wednesday, August 28. Poster Session 2, Poster 180. 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.