UW-CTRI researchers have developed measures, scales, methods, and codes designed to assess attributes of smokers, tobacco dependence and the process of quitting. These (below) are available for your use.
- Wisconsin Smoking Withdrawal Scale 2
- The Wisconsin Smoking Withdrawal Scale 2 (WSWS2-L) with the full set of 19 items are on page 1; scoring instructions are on page 2
- The Brief Wisconsin Smoking Withdrawal Scale 2 (WSWS2-B) with 6 items are on page 1; scoring instructions are on page 2
- Smoking Consequences Questionnaire
- Dr. Danielle McCarthy has published several papers on patterns of change during stop-smoking efforts. She has posted information about how to identify patterns of change in longitudinal data on behavior using Repeated Measures Latent Class Analysis (RMLCA) at this link for researchers.