Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line. Quit Line Coaches will help you develop a plan to quit. It’s totally free and confidential! The quit line has helped more than 200,000 callers, with a satisfaction rate of 92%. It’s available to anyone in Wisconsin age 13 and up. To read more about how the Quit Line helps teens, click here. To get started, do one of these:
More than 20,000 people have used this service. A three-month test showed 25% said they had not vaped in the past seven days and 16 percent said they had not vaped in the past 30 days.
The Real Cost. Media campaigns have been shown to help teens to quit smoking, vaping, and chewing. Check out this ad:
Evidence on What Works
Want a deep dive into research?
- Click here for the evidence on rates of youth tobacco use, and research on what works to declare independence from it. For good. It was compiled by The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, a branch of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- If you’re a clinician or public health professional:
- Join us Nov. 5 at noon for a webinar with UW-CTRI Director Dr. Michael Fiore.
- Check out the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations on helping youth quit tobacco use.
- Talk to teens about tobacco use
- Read about medications to help teens quit tobacco use
- Visit UW-CTRI’s page on vaping.