UW-CTRI colleagues will present their research findings at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) in San Antonio, Texas, March 1-4, 2023. Here’s a list.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Dr. Danielle McCarthy will present at Tobacco Treatments that Work for Priority Populations. Pre-conference. March 1, 9 am to noon. Salon D, 3rd floor.
- Dr. Adrienne Johnson will co-chair Tobacco Treatments that Work for Priority Populations. Pre-conference. March 1, 9 am to noon. Salon D, 3rd floor.
Friday, March 3, 2023
- Dr. Julie Kirsch. Smoking and Sociodemographic Factors Associated with Hospital Mortality and Readmission Among Inpatients with COVID-19. Presentation. March 3, 8:30 to 10 am. Salon LK, 3rd floor.
- Karen Conner. Smoking Status, Nicotine Replacement, Vaccination and COVID-19 Hospital Outcomes in the CEC-UW Project: An Update Including 41,354 Additional Patients. Presentation. March 3, 8:30 to 10 am. Salon LK, 3rd floor.
- Dr. Jennifer Betts. Contextual Factors Associated with Use of Either Tobacco or Electronic Cigarettes in Dual Users. Poster Session 3. March 3, 11:30 am to 1 pm. Salon I, 3rd floor.
- Dr. Adrienne Johnson. Culturally Specific Messaging to Motivate Cessation in African American Older Adults Who Smoke Cigarettes. Poster Session 4. March 3, 4:45 to 6:15 pm. Salon I, 3rd floor.
Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Megan Piper. The Real-World Impact of Three Alternate Nicotine-Delivery Products on Combustible Cigarette Use. Part of Symposium 17, Individualizing Tobacco Treatment to Increase Quit Rates. March 4, 8 to 9:30 am. Conference Room 1, 3rd floor.
- Adrienne Johnson. Motivating Change in Older Adults: Motivational Cigarette Smoking Cessation Message Testing. Poster Session 5. March 4, 11 am to 12:30 pm. Salon I, 3rd floor.
- Mark Zehner. $100 vs. $0 to Engage in Telephone Counseling: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Test of Modest Financial Incentives to Improve Engagement in Evidence-Based Tobacco Treatment. Poster Session 5. March 4, 11 am-12:30 pm. Salon I, 3rd