UW-CTRI and C3I colleagues are presenting at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco in Baltimore, Maryland, March 15-18, 2022. Here’s a list, with all times Eastern Standard Time. Note: This year, due to the pandemic, there will be in-person and digital components to many of these offerings.
- Piper ME (Chair), Cummings M, Munafo M, Castro Y, Benowitz N, Meyers M, Rigotti N, Hatsukami D, Carroll D, Leischow S, et al. It’s All About the Science: How Do We Do It Thoughtfully in a Changing Environment? Tuesday, March 15, 2022. 8:30-noon.
- Piper ME. SRNT Presidential Symposium. Presentation. Tuesday, March 15, 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Piper ME, Zeller M. Updates on the FDA Center for Tobacco Products with Mitch Zeller. Tuesday, March 15, 1:30-3 pm.
- Salloum RG, Hohl SD, Nolan MB, D’Angelo H, Asvat Y, Chen L-S, Day AT, Goldstein AO, Hitsman B, Hudson D, King AC, Lam CY, Lenhoff K, Levinson AH, Prochaska J, Shoenbill KA, Taylor K, Tindle H, Tong E, White JS, Warren GW, Fiore MC, Rolland B. Evaluating the Efficiency of Tobacco Treatment Programs in the Cancer Moonshot Cancer Center Cessation Initiative: Data Envelopment Analysis. Wednesday, March 16. POD1 session starts at 10 am, this presentation begins at 10:30.
- Creswell P, McCarthy D, Trapskin P, Sheehy A, Skora A, Adsit RT, Zehner ME, Baker TB, Fiore MC. Can Inpatient Pharmacists Move the Needle on Smoking Cessation? Evaluation Reach and Representativeness of a Pharmacist-Led Opt-Out Smoking Cessation Intervention Protocol for Hospital Settings. Wednesday, March 16. POD1 session starts at 10 am, this presentation begins at 11.
- Hohl SD, Salloum RG, Bernstein SL, Minion M, Lenhoff K, Dahl N, Juon HS, Tsosie U, Fleisher L, Fiore MC, Rolland B, D’Angelo H, Ramsey AT, Ostroff JS, Ashing KT, Scholl R, Chen LS. Optimizing Reach and Effectiveness of Tobacco Treatment in Cancer Patients: Lessons from the Cancer Moonshot Cancer Center Cessation Initiative. Thursday, March 17. POD10 session starts at 9 am, this presentation begins at 9:15.
- McCarthy DE, Baker TB, Zehner M, Adsit R, Kim N, Zwaga D, Coates K, Wallenkamp H, Nolan M, Steiner M, Skora A, Kastman C, Fiore MC. Evaluation of an Opt-out Chronic Care Program to Treat Smoking in Adult Primary Care. Thursday, March 17. POD10 session starts at 8:30 am, this presentation begins at 9:45 am.
- Kim N, McCarthy D, Coffman D, Piper M, Bolt D, Stein JH, Baker TB. Time-Varying Mediators of Pre- and Post-Quit Nicotine Patch Therapy in Adults Attempting to Quit Smoking with Varenicline. Pre-recorded digital presentation only.
- Chakraborti Y, Coffman D, Litson K, Piper ME. Using Mixture Models to Identify Smoking Cessation Profiles Based on Self-Efficacy, Positive Expectancy, Motivation, and Cessation Fatigue: An Exploratory Latent Profile and Latent Transition Analysis. Wednesday, March 16, 11:30 am to 1 pm. Poster Session 1, poster number 128.
- Hollenback C, Jorenby D, Fiore MC. Using Instagram to Refer Teens to Teen.Smokefree.gov. Wednesday, March 16, 11:30 am to 1 pm. Session 1, poster number 54.
- Johnson A, Gleason CE, Cook JM, Mahoney JE, Piper ME. Motivating Change in Older Adults: Motivational Cessation Message Development Findings. Wednesday, March 16, 11:30 am to 1 pm. Poster Session 1, poster number 44.
- Zwaga D, Piper ME, McCarthy DE, Schlam TR, Cook JW, Kaye JT, Johnson AL, Baker TB. Anhedonia: Relations with Withdrawal and Abstinence During a Smoking Cessation Attempt in a Randomized Controlled Trial. Wednesday, March 16, 11:30 am to 1 pm. Poster Session 1, poster number 25.
- Kirsch J, Zehner M, Adsit R, McCarthy D, Gorrilla A, Hayden K, Skora A, Rosenblum M, Fiore MC, Baker TB. Electronic Health Record Closed-loop Referral (eReferral) to a State Tobacco Quitline: Primary Care Implementation Challenges and Adaptations. Wednesday, March 16, 3:30 to 6 pm. Poster session 2. Poster number 1.
- Zwaga D, McCarthy DE, Baker TB, Zehner ME, Adist RT, Skora A, Kastman K, Steiner M, Wallenkamp H, Coates K, Fiore MC. Clinicians Who Provide More Chronic and Frequent Primary Care to Adult Patient Adopt and Implement Comprehensive Chronic Tobacco Treatment at Higher Rates. Thursday, March 17, 11:30 a.m. to 1 pm. Poster Session 3, poster number 4.
- Correa-Fernández V, Tavakoli N, Motsenbocker M, Llaneza D, Rabello L, Cartagenova D, Kim H, Wetter DW, Canino G, Li L, Piper ME. Telehealth Smoking Cessation Intervention for Latinx who Smoke and Had Depression and/or Anxiety: Findings From a Feasibility Study. Thursday, March 17, 4:45-6:15 pm. Poster Session 4, poster number 128.
- Kaye JT, Ives K, Christiansen B, Nolan MB, Fiore MC. Rethinking Tobacco Treatment for Incarcerated Adults to Achieve Health Equity. Poster session 4. Poster number 136. Thursday, March 17, 4:45 pm to 6:15 pm.
- Schlam TR, Baker TB, Cook JW, Zwaga D, Smith SS, Fiore MC, Piper ME. Next Steps Following Unsuccessful Smoking Cessation Treatment: The Value of Chronic Care. Thursday, March 17, 4:45-6:15 pm. Poster Session 4, poster number 127.
- Mundt MP, McCarthy DE, Baker TB, Zehner ME, Zwaga D, Fiore MC. Cost-Effectiveness of a Chronic Care Smoking Treatment Program in Primary Care. Friday, March 18, 12:30-2 pm. Poster Session 5, poster number 113.