The annual meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) is the first week of March in Chicago at the Sheraton Hotel and several UW-CTRI researchers are set to present:
- UW-CTRI Research Director Dr. Tim Baker will receive the 2016 Ove Ferno Award for career excellence and give the clinic theme lecture on Thursday, March 3, 8:30-9:30 am., Chicago Ballroom 6-7 (Level 4).
- Dr. Jessica Cook, presentation, Smoking and Psychopathology: Mechanisms and Treatments. Thursday, March 3, 10-11:30 (Podium Presentation 1, Symposium 1).
- Dr. Stevens Smith, poster, The Effects of Cigarette Reduction in Smokers and E-Cigarette Users Who Also Smoke Cigarettes (Dual Users), Thursday, 11:30 AM to 1 PM (Poster Session 1, Number 8).
- Dr. Megan Piper, poster, Understanding for Whom Treatments Work: Moderator Results From a Factorial Experiment. Thursday, March 3, 11:30 AM-1 (Poster Session 1, Number 130).
- Dr. Megan Piper, poster, Understanding How Cessation Treatments Work: Effects on Putative Mechanisms in a Factorial Experiment. Thursday, March 3, 11:30-1. (Poster Session 1, Number 149).
- Dr. Bruce Christiansen, poster, Motivating and Preparing Smokers Who Have Severe and Persistent Mental Illness to Quit Smoking. Thursday, March 3, 11:30-1 (Poster session 1, Number 161).
Dr. Stevens Smith, presentation, The Effects of the Nicotine Patch, Varenicline, and Combination NRT on Long-Term Abstinence: A Comparative Efficacy Trial. Friday, 10:50 (Paper Session 13).
- Dr. Tanya Schlam, presentation, Identifying Intervention Components to Improve Adherence to Smoking Cessation Medication. Saturday, March 5, 10:20 (Podium Presentation 6, Session 29).
- Dr. Tanya Schlam, poster, Identifying Intervention Components to Improve Adherence to Smoking Cessation Medication. Saturday, March 5, 11:30-1 (Poster Session 5, Number 8).
- David Vogt, RN, poster, Primary Care Clinic Staff’s Perspectives On Referring Smokers to a Designated Smoking Treatment Saturday. Saturday, March 5, 11:30-1 (Poster Session 5, Number 87).
- Dr. Kristin Berg, poster, Tobacco Treatment: Identifying Disparities in Treatment Invitations, Saturday, March 5, 11:30-1 (Poster Session 5, Number 49).
Katrina Bundy is coordinating arrangements for the conference for UW-CTRI colleagues.
In other conference news, Dr. Fiore was the keynote speaker at the 8th Annual Ottawa Conference: State of the Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation Jan. 22.