The Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line is available 24/7 and welcomes all pregnant and postpartum callers.
When they call, friendly quit coaches:
- Help each woman create a quit plan that’s right for her and her baby. This includes how to deal with stress.
- Be supportive. No judgments.
- Discuss the benefits of quitting.
- Talk about staying smoke-free after giving birth. Exposure to second-hand smoke is a major health risk to the baby. It’s linked to asthma, ear infections and sudden death.
- Discuss medicine for postpartum women. It will not be sent to pregnant callers unless requested by her doctor.
- Talk about the role of friends, relatives or a partner in the quit attempt.
- Offer ongoing support. For more help, pregnant and postpartum moms can initiate as many calls to the Quit Line as they need.
- Send free booklets in the mail. They’re designed especially for pregnant or postpartum moms.
How to Reach Us
It’s FREE. It’s confidential. It helps.