The Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line welcomes all new parents who want to quit and don’t want to expose their kids to secondhand smoke. When they call, friendly quit coaches:
- Will help parents create a quit plan that’s right for them. This includes how to deal with stress.
- Be supportive. No judgments.
- Discuss the benefits of quitting.
- Talk about the importance of staying smoke-free for the baby. Exposure to second-hand smoke is a major health risk to the baby. It’s linked to asthma, ear infections and sudden death.
- Discuss medicine. Medicaid covers medicine to quit smoking. It also covers coaching on how to quit.
- Talk about the role of friends, family or a partner in the quit attempt.
- Offer ongoing support.
- Now available via phone, text, or live online chat!
It’s FREE. It’s confidential. It helps.