UW-CTRI researchers will make 10 presentations when the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco gathers for its 24th SRNT Annual Meeting February 21-24 in Baltimore. UW-CTRI staff will deliver six podium presentations and offer four additional posters at the conference set to happen at the Baltimore Hilton, which overlooks the professional baseball field Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
1. Dr. Megan Piper, Optimizing Smoking Treatment on Both Effectiveness and Cost as Part of the Multiphase Optimization Strategy (MOST). Thursday, February 22, 10:30 – 10:48 a.m.
2. Dr. Tanya Schlam, Can We Increase Smoking Cessation Medication Adherence and Does It Matter? Thursday, February 22, 11:42 a.m. – 12 p.m.
3. Dr. Jessica Cook, Engagement In Smoking Reduction Treatment In Primary Care Among Smokers Initially Unwilling to Quit. Friday, February 23, 10 – 10:18 a.m.
4. Madeline Oguss, Referral to Randomized Smoking Reduction and Cessation Treatments in Primary Care Clinics: Electronic vs. Fax Referral. Friday, February 23, 10:36 – 10:54 a.m.
5. Dr. Tanya Schlam, How Distress Tolerance and Anxiety Sensitivity Relate to Tobacco Dependence, Withdrawal, and Smoking Cessation. Friday, February 23, 4:54 – 5:12 p.m.
6. Dr. Megan Piper, Smokers and Dual Users: Dependence and Cessation Motivation. Saturday, February 24, 9:30 – 9:45 a.m.
1. Dr. Bruce Christiansen, Automating a Motivational Intervention for Low Income Smokers: A Pilot Feasibility Study. Poster Session 3, Poster Number: 52. Friday, February 23, 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m.
2. Dr. Douglas Jorenby, Distinct Behavioral Treatment Fidelity in a Smoking Cessation Treatment Study. Poster Session 3, Poster Number: 4. Friday, February 23, 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
3. Dr. Danielle McCarthy, Seizing Electronic Health Record Technology to Promote Tobacco Cessation – a Randomized Trial of Primary Care Closed-Loop Referral (“eReferral”) to a State Quitline. Poster Session 3, Poster Number: 97. Friday, February 23, 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m.
4. Madeline Oguss, Primary Care Clinic Staff Attitudes Towards Addressing Tobacco Use Before and After Implementing a Smoking Treatment Referral Program. Poster Session 4, Poster Number: 69. Friday, February 23, 5:45 – 7 p.m.
Watch for more SRNT coverage on www.ctri.wisc.edu and in future editions of this newsletter.