Quit Tobacco Series Fact Sheet #9: Smokeless Tobacco
Chewing Tobacco Statistics
Good Reasons to Quit
Tips to Help People Quit Chewing Tobacco
Sources: CDC, SAMHSA, Wisconsin DHFS
My Personal Quit Plan
1. I’ll be ready.
· I’ll set a quit date and stick to it - not even a single dip!
* My quit date is:
· I’ll get rid of all tobacco so I’m not tempted.
· I’ll get free help by calling the Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line.
* 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669).
* I’ll call them on this date:
· I’ll ask these people to support me:
* I’ll talk to my doctor.
* I'll ask this friend:
* I'll ask this relative:
2. I’ll feel urges, but I have a plan.
· I’ll take a deep breath. I’ll tell myself this urge will pass.
· I’ll drink water instead of using tobacco.
· I’ll chew gum, seeds, or straws.
3. This time, I’m not going back. I know the pitfalls.
· I’ll avoid alcohol.
· I’ll avoid people who chew or smoke.
· I’ll eat right and stay active.