UW-CTRI Staff Set to Present at SRNT Chicago
The annual meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) is the first week of March in Chicago at the Sheraton Hotel and several UW-CTRI researchers are set to present:
- UW-CTRI Research Director Dr. Tim Baker will receive the 2016 Ove Ferno Award for career excellence and give the clinic theme lecture on Thursday, March 3, 8:30-9:30 am., Chicago Ballroom 6-7 (Level 4).
- Dr. Jessica Cook, presentation, Smoking and Psychopathology: Mechanisms and Treatments. Thursday, March 3, 10-11:30 (Podium Presentation 1, Symposium 1).
- Dr. Stevens Smith, poster, The Effects of Cigarette Reduction in Smokers and E-Cigarette Users Who Also Smoke Cigarettes (Dual Users), Thursday, 11:30 AM to 1 PM (Poster Session 1, Number 8).
- Dr. Megan Piper, poster, Understanding for Whom Treatments Work: Moderator Results From a Factorial Experiment. Thursday, March 3, 11:30 AM-1 (Poster Session 1, Number 130).
- Dr. Megan Piper, poster, Understanding How Cessation Treatments Work: Effects on Putative Mechanisms in a Factorial Experiment. Thursday, March 3, 11:30-1. (Poster Session 1, Number 149).
- Dr. Bruce Christiansen, poster, Motivating and Preparing Smokers Who Have Severe and Persistent Mental Illness to Quit Smoking. Thursday, March 3, 11:30-1 (Poster session 1, Number 161).
Dr. Stevens Smith, presentation, The Effects of the Nicotine Patch, Varenicline, and Combination NRT on Long-Term Abstinence: A Comparative Efficacy Trial. Friday, 10:50 (Paper Session 13).
- Dr. Tanya Schlam, presentation, Identifying Intervention Components to Improve Adherence to Smoking Cessation Medication. Saturday, March 5, 10:20 (Podium Presentation 6, Session 29).
- Dr. Tanya Schlam, poster, Identifying Intervention Components to Improve Adherence to Smoking Cessation Medication. Saturday, March 5, 11:30-1 (Poster Session 5, Number 8).
- David Vogt, RN, poster, Primary Care Clinic Staff's Perspectives On Referring Smokers to a Designated Smoking Treatment Saturday. Saturday, March 5, 11:30-1 (Poster Session 5, Number 87).
- Dr. Kristin Berg, poster, Tobacco Treatment: Identifying Disparities in Treatment Invitations, Saturday, March 5, 11:30-1 (Poster Session 5, Number 49).
Watch for a full report from SRNT Chicago at www.ctri.wisc.edu.
Katrina Bundy is coordinating arrangements for the conference for UW-CTRI colleagues.
In other conference news, Dr. Fiore was the keynote speaker at the 8th Annual Ottawa Conference: State of the Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation Jan. 22.